HELP US PROTECT GRANGE MEADOW, THERFIELD
PLANNING APPLICATION 23/01885/FP Land At Police Row Between The Grange
and 1 The Grange Police Row Therfield Hertfordshire
Erection of 10 dwellings (6 x 3-bed and 4 x 4-bed) including creation of vehicular access off Police Row, associated garaging, landscaping, drainage infrastructure and ancillary works.
Case Officer: Alex Howard
Objections can continue to be lodged via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Up until the application is heard.
Here are just six reasons for concern:
- 1) Therfield is classified as a Category A village the same as Ashwell and Barkway. However, it has long been recognised that Therfield is not a sustainable location for major building development. Therfield has met its growth targets and with smaller future new housing builds, will still meet their targets.
- 2) The Inspectors Report from Sept 2022 states “” If any schemes coming forward would lead to unacceptable harm, then the council should reject them. Failure to provide homes here would not lead to any overall delivery shortcoming”
- 3) NHDC building conservation officer has stated “Development south of Therfield should be resisted as this will cause coalescence with Hay Green”. So, this is a statement direct from an NHDC employee. The “open space” detailed in the plans will not be sufficient to mitigate the coalescence.
- 4) Therfield First School is full….the council will unlikely be in a position to fund any additional school infrastructure.
- 5) We should refrain from stating “affordable housing” is needed. This only gives ammunition for further building proposals.
- 5) The local Sewage Treatment plant is already incapable of handling the current amount of waste generated by Therfield and Kelshall. More housing in the village would mean more raw sewage being discharged into the River Rib.
- 6) A development of such a size would seriously degrade the standing of Grade 11 listed buildings that border this meadow.
More than one adult can object from the same household . . .
and the sheer numbers of comments may add weight to the objections.
. . . let’s keep the momentum going
Thank-you for your support